Lounge Manager SPONSORED JOB TEST - San Jose
Job Purpose: To welcome patrons upon entry into lounge, preserve order among patrons, and protect hotel property.
- Schedule and arranges parties or special services for patrons.
- Greet guests, escorts them to tables. Adjusts complaints of patrons.
- Assign work tasks & coordinates activities of lounge personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons.
- Inspect lounge for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other supplies.
- May interview, hire, and discharge lounge personnel. May train lounge employees. May schedule work hours and keep time records of lounge workers.
- May assist in planning overall beverage operations. May prepare beverages.
- May total receipts, at end of shift, to verify sales and clear cash register. May collect payment from customers.
- Design and implement programs/promotions that maximize revenue and profit.
- Reward employees who utilize their empowerment to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Speak clearly and talk easily with all kinds of people to put them at ease.
- Use judgment and reasoning to cope with emergencies, such as sudden illness, accident, or interrupted service.
- Perform a variety of activities, changing activities often and sometimes without notice.
- Plan and carry out an activity.
- Plan the work of others.
Associate Degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Business or related field.
Minimum 2 years experience in lounge operations in a supervisory capacity, and 2 years bartending experience; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Posted on||12 Apr 2018|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Career level||Management (supervisor)|
|More details (document)|